The C parser accepts the language versions ANSI C, C 89, C 90 and C 99. Some extensions defined by GCC and IBM are supported. The statements EXEC SQL, EXEC CICS and EXEC DLI are handled. The parsers for embedded SQL, CICS and DLI can be attached as optional modules. The C parser builds a syntax tree and a symbol table and it performs name analysis.
The system includes a C preprocessor. The preprocessor also builds a syntax tree and a symbol table. This allows for analysis and transformation of preprocessor directives. The C parser and the C preprocessor are attached in a way that retains the positions of syntax constructs from the source files in the syntax tree.
- ANSI C standard (X3.159-1989)
- ISO/IEC 9899:1990 Programming languages - C
- ISO/IEC 9899:1999 Programming languages - C
- ISO/IEC 9899:2005 Programming languages - C
- IBM, C/C++ Language Reference, Second Edition (October 2001), Document Number SC09-4815-01