The PL/I parser conforms to the language as defined by IBM and to the standards listed below. The statements EXEC SQL, EXEC CICS and EXEC DLI are handled. The parsers for embedded SQL, CICS and DLI can be attached as optional modules. The PL/I parser builds a syntax tree and a symbol table and it performs name analysis.
The system includes a PL/I preprocessor. The parser and the preprocessor are attached in a way that retains the positions of syntax constructs from the source files in the syntax tree.
- ANSI X3.53-1976 Programming Language PL/I
- ISO 6160:1979 Programming languages - PL/I
- DIN 66 255 Programmiersprache PL/I
- IBM OS PL/I, Programming: Language Reference, Version 2 Release 3, Third Edition (June 1990), Document Number SC26-4308-2
- IBM PL/I for MVS & VM Language Reference, Release 1.1, Second Edition (June 1995), Document Number SC26-3114-01
- IBM VisualAge PL/I, Language Reference, Version 2 Release 2.1, Second Edition (September 2000), Document Number SC26-9476-01
- IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS - Version 3 Release 5, PL/I for AIX - V188.8.131.52, WebSphere Developer for zSeries PL/I for Windows - V6.0.1, Language Reference, Seventh Edition (November 2005), Document Number SC27-1460-05
- IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS - Version 3 Release 9, PL/I for AIX - V184.108.40.206, Rational Developer for System z PL/I for Windows - Version 7.6, Language Reference, Eleventh Edition (October 2009), Document Number SC27-1460-09